SC Lacrosse Officials Association, Inc.
Copyright © All rights reserved.
SC Lacrosse Officials Association
OPPORTUNITIES TO OFFICIATE
The rapid growth of lacrosse has been gratifying. In any new area, such as ours, there is always a need for officials. The sanctioning of lacrosse by the SCHSL now makes lacrosse an official interscholastic sport in South Carolina's public schools. This creates an even greater opportunity for men and women who want to consider officiating our great game. The pay is commensurate with other sports and the opportunity to work a lot of games is evident. Our season begins in January and ends in May but there are other tournaments and clinics throughout the year where officials are needed.
USL Level 1 training is offered prior to the start the season. Training consists of 8 hours of classroom sessions and 4 hours on-field. Classroom sessions are offered online, via Go-to-Meeting, starting in late December and run through January. The on field portion is conducted at various locations throughout the state occurring in February. If you want to learn more about officiating lacrosse please contact us through our general inquiry form HERE
All Officials are required to:
1) Attend yearly SCLOA meeting and SCHSL pre-season meeting and pass the NFHS test.
2) Have all dues paid in full
3) Level 1 Officials are also required to meet for a minimum of 6 hours annually
To be eligible to work Varsity Games officials must meet the following requirements:
1) Meet all requirements above
2) Be a member of USL with a minimum Level 1 Certification.
3) Be a member in good standing of SCLOA
4) Register as a Boys Lacrosse Official with SCHSL.
5) Have all dues paid on time and in full